Vaccination schedule for DPT. Are vaccinations like rota virun, influenza, pneumonia necessary in infancy?

Hello doctor

I am blessed with baby girl on 25th march 2012.right now her vaccination schedule is going on for DPT booster.I got to know from one of my familiy doctor that conventional vaccine is far better over new painless it true and if true why?by any means conventional vaccines are better for infants?

new era vaccination like rota virus,influenza and pneumonia are they necessary to give.Do they are really wothwile giving to infants .this is not amtter of money but unnecessary vaccination given.being from medical field i know about intesive and unethical merketing by companies promoting such vaccines.but I am really not able to convenience my self for these vaccines to my infant baby.
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 30 minutes later

First of all congratulation to the new parents.

Let me take up things one by one.

1. Painless DPT and routine DPT effect vice are same. Painless vaccine contains some different chemical composition so that it results in less post vaccine local reaction. As far as effect and protection are concerned all are same.

2. Rotavirus, Flu and Pneumonia: These vaccines are still in the optional list as per Indian Academy of paediatrics which is an authorized body paediatricians in India and they make practical recommendation depending upon the situations and disease pattern in India.

Depending upon your geographical location and disease pattern in area you can discuss about this with your family doctor.

I hope this helps and helps you in taking in informed decision.

Please write again if you have something more to ask, in case of no further query please accept the answer.