Vaccination for babies, treatment for hiccups

ENT Specialist
Question
Help required on Vacinnation for my 21 day old baby boy & action to take in hichups
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 24 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

In India there is an immunization schedule called as national immunization schedule.
I am summarizing The whole schedule here.

1-BCG -- AT BIRTH.
2- ORAL POLIO-- AT BIRTH , AT 6 WEEKS,10 WEEKS AND AT 14 WEEKS.
3-DPT( diphtheria,pertussis,tetanus)- AT 6,10,14 WEEKS.
4-HEPATITIS B -- AT 6,10,14 WEEKS.
5-MEASLES-- BETWEEN 9-12 MONTHS.

Along this vit A supplementation should also be given.

What you will have to do for vaccination.-Consult a pediatrician and register you child there, a card will be issued, this is known as immunization card. It will have all the details regarding the time, dose, complication of all vaccines, and its management too.

At every visit, take this card with you. don't worry, immunization is a routine procedure and the complications of vaccines are almost nil.

Your second question is, what to do in hiccups---

take the following precautions--

1-keep your baby up, until the hiccups stop.
2-give them the breast feed again, or bottle (if bottle feeding) . Swallowing may help to stop them.
3-Many babies will hiccups in their sleep. this is normal.no need to disturb your baby for this.

HOPE IT WILL HELP YOU.

I am ready for the future follow ups.

REGARDS.