Uvula is inflamed and touching tongue. Have sore throat and cold. Suggest the cure?

It has been 3 weeks and my uvula is still inflamed, touching my tongue( red veins on it), and a little gelatinous looking. I have had the sore throat, a cold, s
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be tonsillitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

According to the history posted here it appears that you might have tonsillitis.
It is recurrent in nature.

You have mentioned you had sore throat and cold. So did you take any medication?

Do you have raised body temperature (fever) and difficulty in swallowing too? Please mention and complete your query for better suggestions.

It appears that you require a course of antibiotics and analgesics.Simultaneously you can start rinsing with antiseptic mouth wash too. Warm saline rinse is also very effective.

Awaiting your response.