Uvula is inflamed. Had sore throat, cold, sinusitis and took claritin. Little mucus in nose and throat. What could the problem be?

It has been 3 weeks and my uvula is still inflamed, touching my tongue( red veins on it), and a little gelatinous looking. I have had the sore throat, a cold, sinusitis, and took Claritin and Flonase for a while- but stopped 2 days ago as I am prepping for an allergy panel test.
Why would my uvula still be inflamed after 3 weeks. Most other symptoms are gone. The nose is still a little mucous but more on the throat side. Is it normal for it to take so long to go back to its " normal" size?
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
3 weeks is normal time for recovery

Detailed Answer:

I do not see any problem with slimy and gelatinous looking uvula. It is quite normal after 3 weeks of sinusitis. If there is post nasal drip existing the uvula would still be red, touching the tongue and gelatinous.

I think you should stop looking at the mirror for uvula and it would take sometime to clear. Meantime drink enough fluids and avoid dehydrating agents like coffee, aerated drinks. You ,may go in for allergy tests and no problem.

I am happy that most symptoms are gone and you are just looking at Uvula for no serious reason. It come back to normal size

Let me know if you have further concerns.