Uterus removed due to adnomiosis. Had robotic oopherectomy. Have growing benign cyst and spots of endometriosis. Suggestions?

Infertility Specialist
I am 46 years old, due to adnomiosis- I had my uterus removed vaginally10 years ago. 6 months ago I had an robotic oopherectomy due to a growing cyst and had to have the other side done Aug 13th due to another quickly growing benign cyst and spots of endometriosis. this latest surgery was done laperoscopicly. I went to my post op 7 told dr how much I was hurting etc...

The pain is intense and most afternoons I am swollen like a 4-5 month pregnant girl. The swelling happens after I have done too much walking around-motrin helps very little, ( sidenote, Last night I gave in and took a pain pill and was surprised to see how much the swelling went down because it did not have ibupropin in it-.)
my question:
Is this normal to be so swollen and in SO much pain? There's no pus and no fever etc. just sooooo painful. Tuesday will be 3 weeks- why is it taking so long to heal?? also wondering when most go back to work after this type of procedure. Thanks for your advice.
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns.
Following is my reply:

1) The swelling could be due to laxity of abdominal wall postoperatively.

2) But in any case so much pain and swelling are unusual 3 weeks after surgery.

3) Hence I suggest you visit the surgeon who operated you for a followup just to be sure that there are no complications.

Let me know if you have anymore doubts.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility specialist