Uterus has some protrusions and warts. Had D and C test and undergone cotri. Advised to take antibiotics. Should I undergo cotrization again?

Mar 2013
I am a 32 yr old female married since 11 years and hv two kids age 10 and 5. Since last many months i felt that my uterus has some protrusions ,some warts like things .i had a d and c last month during which my gynae doctor performed cotri. After a recent chk. Up she is still not happy with my uterus and has recommended two months of hard antibiotics.she said i may have to undergo the whole process of cotrization again. I m not clear about the situation. Can u please clarify what my problem is? I m afraid is it cancerous?
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
I would be glad to assist you , if you could provide me with some further details -
1. If possible, the report of the D and C which was performed.
2. The doctor's clinical findings and diagnosis.
3. The exact prescription provided for you.
Based on the limited information provided, I can think of the following possibilities -
1. Cervical or uterine polyps, that often protrude from the cervical canal, and require removal and cauterization.
2. Cervical erosion or cervical inflammation ( cervicitis ) for which antibiotics maybe required for long term.
3. Cervical or vaginal warts or growths.
These three conditions are diagnosed easily by per vaginum and per speculum examination , which you must have already undergone, so please let me know what the diagnosis has been established so far.
Also there is no condition for which two months of antibiotics are needed, that is why I would like to know the exact details of the medications given to you.
Also, do not worry about cancer, as if you had cancer, it would have been revealed to you by your gynecologist.
A pap smear, colposcopy and XXXXXXX check up will reveal if you have any cervical cancerous lesion.
An ultrasound and hysteroscopy will reveal if there is any uterine cancer, this would also have been revealed on the D and C.
Please do write back with more details, and do not worry unnecessarily.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow-up: Uterus has some protrusions and warts. Had D and C test and undergone cotri. Advised to take antibiotics. Should I undergo cotrization again? 39 hours later
The doctor has written that i m having multiple nabothian cysts! I m attaching my reports and prescription details. Secondly ,since last three days i m having this urge to urinate every 5 minutes and feeling a urinating sensation all d time. The doctor says its just an infection.i m all confused.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 9 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through the reports.
It is clear that the D and C took place because you took pills for medical abortion, which failed, and there were some tissues retained inside the uterus.
During the D and C, your doctor observed multiple Nabothian follicles and cysts on the cervix.
The cervix has glands, and when the glands get blocked, then a Nabothian follicle arises. It is nothing serious and you should not worry about it.
However, your doctor has also written in the notes that the cervix is hypertrophied ( slightly bigger than normal ) and there is cervicitis ( inflammation of the cervix ).
Earlier too after the D and C, she performed cauterization of the follicles and prescribed antibiotics, which did not work well, as the same problem is still present when she saw you again recently.
The antibiotics are not for 2 months, but for 3 weeks, so please go ahead and take them.
Generally, the antibiotics should clear the infection ( it is a chronic infection , so would take time to clear ), and if they too fail, then am sure a repeat cauterization would surely cure the cervix.
Do not worry, as the condition is a minor one, and cauterization too is a minor procedure, and do not stress about this.
I would have just preferred, that your gynec should have done a Pap smear and colposcopy prior to the cauterization.
However, once the antibiotics / repeat cautery has been done, make sure that you have a pap smear and colposcopy after a gap of 3 months.
All the best.
take care.