Uterus bulky and auterveted and showing heterogenous echo. Meaning?

i went to the gyn today and was told that my uterus is bulky and auterveted and showing herterogeneous echo
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
The term “Bulky uterus” is a general used by gynaecologists for describing the uterus which is little large than normal uterus. This does not mean that there is a problem with the uterus and has nothing to do with any pathology. Majority of women would normally have a bulky uterus with heterogenous echoes after child birth and with ageing. The uterus being a little large is absolutely fine and no problem. So don't worry about it. Your uterus is normal.
Anteverted is the normal position of the uterus.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Uterus bulky and auterveted and showing heterogenous echo. Meaning? 34 hours later
what of my prolonged period that is the main reason i went to the gyn my period has been irregular i went for 15 days and normally go of about 5-7 and this happened in october last year and january this year this is the third time
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
From the history it seems that you are having Dysfunctional uterine bleeding. The irregular and heavy bleeding that you are having can be due to hormonal disturbances.
Laboratory assessment of hemoglobin, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), prolactin, T4, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), pregnancy (by βhCG), and androgen profile can be done.
The management of this condition would require treatment with progesterone to stabilize the endometrium and reduce bleeding along with hemostatic agents like ethamsylate or tranexaemic acid . Oral contraceptive pills (OCPs) suppress endometrial development, reestablish predictable bleeding patterns, decrease menstrual flow, and lower the risk of iron deficiency anemia.

You might consult your OB-GYN who can do the needed tests and initiate the proper therapy.
Meanwhile start taking iron supplements to combat excessive blood loss from your body.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Uterus bulky and auterveted and showing heterogenous echo. Meaning? 18 hours later
Thank you for the replies,I at least feel relieved but one more question i had a btl done in 1998 could there be a problem. All its just maybe the imbalance of hormones.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Tubal ligation done 14 years ago is not likely to affect you in any way now. This all is most likely due to a hormonal imbalance only.
Consulting your gynecologist for proper treatment will be helpful.