Using walgreens homeopathic drops for ear pain and developed headache and pain in eyes. How to overcome ear pain?

ENT Specialist
Hi I am having ear pain off late and have been using walgreens homeopathic ear drops.When ever i used to expose to cold weather, i develop head ache,pain on eyes and my ears block. The ear pain which i developed due to this has increased after an air travel.What should i do to overcome this?
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later
Brief Answer: As below: Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. 1. Get an eardrum examination, Impedance Audiometry (Tympanogram) to check for Eustachian Tube Dysfunction (ETD). 2. Ear pain that occurs or worsens after air travel is related to ETD or barotrauma due to the inability of the ears to adapt to the air pressure changes. 3. A Nasal endoscopy and a Sinus CT Scan will help check for any underlying nasal or sinus problem. 4. You may upload the CT images and test results here for an accurate assessment. 5. If medical management fails, Balloon Sinuplasty may be an option. I hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries, I will be available to answer them. Regards.