Using tufacne-20 to control oily skin. What should I use to prevent pimples on face?

Hi I am XXXXXXX I have very oily skin due to which pimples keeps on appearing on my whole face. Right now I am using Tufacne-20 to control oil and now my face is not oily but lips get completely dry also still pimples are coming on my face.
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
There are many reasons why one gets acne.
It is multifactorial ,and therefore one has to find the exact cause of it.
It can be either due to wrong use of soaps or moisturizers, creams which one is using , to hormonal disturbances if anybody has. So,a complete work up is necessary in all patients.Also one should remember that its not a short course treatment,but a matter of say 6 months or so if pimples are severe .
Since Tufacne is not giving the desired response, as an alternative you could try taking a daily antibiotic such as doxycycline along with a topical regimen such as Retin-A or tretinoin. These medicines need a careful supervision and dosage regulation thus should be taken under the guidance of a dermatologist.
For the time being I would recommend that you use a daily cleansing regimen of benzoyl peroxide along with a topical preparation such as tretinoin. If all of this is not successful you could consider asking for a prescription for Accutane.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.