Using triben b for itching between thighs and scrotum. Noticed pink opening on scrotum. Suggestion

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
I have a round pink (Blood) opening on my scrotum which is also discharging a yellow liquid . I was using Triben B for itching infection i have between my thighs and scrotum. The itching is not that much now. But I am too much worried about this skin opening. Please suggest.. please suggest
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 13 minutes later

Thanks for posting,

After taking a look at the image, the lesion appears to be an infected ulcer post scratching. From the state of that ulcer, you should probably consult a doctor as soon as possible. Syphilis has to be excluded at ones.
Infection with resistant bacteria is possible, I suggest you apply nothing on it till a doctor can take a look at it and prescribe appropriate topical antibiotics in combination with oral antibiotics.

Wish you the best and hope this helps
Dr Bernard

Follow-up: Using triben b for itching between thighs and scrotum. Noticed pink opening on scrotum. Suggestion 15 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot, I will not be able to see my personal Doctor before 12 days as I am traveling abroad (In Jamaica). Please suggest is it a serious problem that i need to see a doctor in emergency or i could wait to go back to India and see my consultants. Till then Can you please suggest something that i could do myself like I am applying Ice pouch to relief myself.

Thanks and Regards,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 5 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

You will definitely require oral antibiotics and probably topical gels to treat and also analgesia. For the pain, you can take acetamenophen or ibuprofen, you can acquire OTC topical antibiotics such as erythromycin cream and apply on the lesion.
From the look of the ulcer, it could worsen if not properly treated (as if it could be syphilis infection). Do use the medications proposed as you are traveling till you get back to your doctor.

Wish you the best and hope this helps and please if you are satisfied do accept my answer.
Dr Nsah

Follow-up: Using triben b for itching between thighs and scrotum. Noticed pink opening on scrotum. Suggestion 24 minutes later
I am Sorry Doc,

My last Question is
Does this require any surgical treatment or only medicines and creams can cure it. I am afraid now. :(
And the medicines suggested by you could be purchased without prescription or not?

Thanks and Regards,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Sorry for writing so late. Yes the medicines mentioned can be obtained OTC. The wound does not require any surgical treatment. Just a sample swap might be taken to analyze the type of bacteria that have infected it then appropriate treatment can be given.
But if you can not have access to your doctor, do obtain those medicines OTC, apply the cream twice daily till the lesion disappears (you can ask the pharmacy for any antibacterial topical agent that you can use for your wound). Closing with gauze will not be very useful because of the location of the ulcer.
Do not be scared much, healing will take place normally by primary healing if it is only typical skin germs that have infected it. But like I said, it could be a germ or microbe that requires specialized antibiotics.

Hope I am clear and i wish you the best.
Dr Nsah

Follow-up: Using triben b for itching between thighs and scrotum. Noticed pink opening on scrotum. Suggestion 7 hours later
Thanks a lot.

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 45 minutes later
You are welcome and if the information is useful, then it will be my pleasure.
Also please accept my answer if you are satisfied.
Dr Nsah