Using tobramycin. Had viral infection and vision problem. Is this the temporary side effect?

I was using tobramycin/dexamethasone for 2 weeks. My vision was fine, had a viral infection and they were using it as a precaution. The doctr had me use it ever 2 hours for 3 days.
Had my eyes rechecked and my vision has decreased. Is this a temp side effect.
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Thank you for writing.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology.
I read your question with diligence.
I checked Phsicians Drugs Reference (PDR) and then WWW.WWWW.WW which are reliable source of information. I quote what I found:
XXXXXXX .....Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Tobramycin/Dexamethasone Drops:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); changes in vision; itching or swelling of the eyelid; new or worsening eye pain, redness, swelling, or irritation; vision loss XXXXXXX On further search I found that there is improvement in all these with time so that make these temporary side effects.

However, I will urge you to contact the doctor who prescribed as soo as possible and you can find more information by calling FDA at toll free number:
If you have any further query from me please write a supplementary, I will answer as soon as possible. Good Luck.

With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW