Using skin lightening cream but if not used face looks dark. Advised to use bright night cream. Suggest?

Dermatologist
Question
hi sir my name is XXXXXXX from 7 month i'm using skin lite cream from liva health care,,, if i not use that cream my face will look so dark then i went to skin specialist he said to use brite night cream from wallace and he said to use the skin lite cream for weekly once and bright night cream should use for three month,,,,, please help is that cream will turn my face to fair otherwise please suggest any product to me
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Pigmentation Problems

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I agree with your doctor's prescription.

Detailed Answer:
skinlite is a strong pigmentation reducing cream and its use for such a prolonged period should always be under a dermatologist's supervision.Even we do not use steroid hydroquinone tretinoin creams for such long periods.

Your dermatologist has suggested an apt treatment for your skin concern. Skinlite when used for long should not be stopped abruptly and that is why once in a week application might have been advised. Brite night is a comparatively safe cream to use. It contains Kojic acid, Glycolic acid and hydroquinone. So please use it in night as advised by your doctor.
When dealing with skin pigmentation, use of sunscreen in morning is mandatory. Use a sunscreen with both UVB and UVA protection( suncote, shadowz, melaguard) in between 10 am to 4 pm every three hourly. Sunscreen should be applied half an hour prior to leaving home. Also take an antioxidant supplement like antioxid HC or derantox or exerge HC daily.

Hope this answered your query.

Follow-up: Using skin lightening cream but if not used face looks dark. Advised to use bright night cream. Suggest? 9 hours later
if i use bright night cream mean it will turn my face fair madam??? because now i'm very fearing about my face and antioxidant mean which one should i use please suggest any product
and sorry to ask once again i have doubt if i'm using bright night cream daily night and weekly once i need to apply skin lite mean it will give any side effect??? and is that safe?????

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please read a detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back.
the treatment plan should be
use a sunscreen in morning( use is mandatory)like ultraguard or shadowz
take antioxidant supplement like antioxid HC daily
Apply brite night in night. Apply it in very small quantity, just enough to cover face
Use skinlite once in a week in night for two to three weeks and then stop( when using skinlite in night, on that day do not use bright nite)

Also remain under your prescribing dermatologist's supervision.
Hope this helped.

Follow-up: Using skin lightening cream but if not used face looks dark. Advised to use bright night cream. Suggest? 2 hours later
thank you so much

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may close the query.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Hopefully the treatment suggested would help you out.
Should there be no further questions, you may close the query.