Using rogaine for hair loss caused by a hormonal imbalance. Is it okay to have my hair colored and bleached?

I am using rogaine for hair loss caused by a hormone imbalance. Is it okay to have my hair colored and bleached? Will the rogaine react with the chemicals used to highlight my hair? I don't want to make the problem worse or cause more hair loss.
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 48 minutes later

Thanks for the query. I am happy to address your questions.

Rogaine can be used on both chemically (bleached) and colour treated hair.

If you are concerned about scalp irritation, I recommend you not to use Rogaine on the day you plan to get your hair colored or treated with permanent chemicals.

Hair colouring can easily make your hair 'over processed; and this can lead to hair loss. Hence one needs to be careful and ensure it is done with a professional.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.