Using preparation H for boil on vagina. What is the cure?
User rating for this question
Hello, I have a boil on my vagina [the top part of the labia]. I used boil ease and it was going down almost disappearing but then my menses started and now it is like it was before. Now i am using preparation H thinking this will shrink it. Do you have any remedies for this to make it faster? I do not have insurance and the table at my clinic is torture so needless to say I want to avoid going to the doctor if at all possible.
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer: more details of the swelling needed.needed Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Welcome to Healthcare Magic. The swelling at that site can be a boil, a Barthllin cyst/abscess or a wart if it's surface is rough and velvety. Please let me know- 1. Since how long it is there? 2. Is it painful? 3. Has is got rough surface? If possible upload side and front photo. Take care.
Follow-up: Using preparation H for boil on vagina. What is the cure? 2 hours later
1. Its been 3 weeks. 2. When is did shrink it was not painful but now it is. I have to be sure to keep it moist so it doesn't hurt so bad. 3. No the surface isn't rough. The surface is smooth and feels oval shaped.
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 37 hours later
Brief Answer: likely a cyst, will probably need surgical managem Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Welcome to Healthcare Magic. The smooth surface round swelling that is pretty long standing, 3weeks in your case is most likely a Bartholin cyst packed with caseous material. Due to flaring up of intermittent inflammation it's size and pain vary. It needs to be incised and drained. I will like you to consult a local gynecologist or a surgeon for varifying a diagnosis and finalizing the treatment. I hope that answers your query.
People also viewed
- Painful lump in labia minora treatment
- Burning groin pain for years
- Paget disease of the nipple lifetime expectancy
- Burning pain on left side of groin
- Other uses for preparation h
- Burning in stomach gripes
- Burning sensation in gullet
- What happens when preparation h enters vagina
- Burning nostril and gum
- Can preparation h cure hemorrhoids?
- Ovary pain missed period
- Alternative uses for preparation h
- Non stop menstrual bleeding answers
- Prolonged use of preparation h
- Ovulation tests always negative