Using pessary ring for dropped bladder, as a result have difficulty in bowel movements, lower back ache. How can I avoid this?

Hi I have had a pessary ring fitted for a dropped bladder for 10 months find it hard for bowell movement . I have lower back acke,now I have pockets from my bowell coming down into my vagina.this I have to push up when going to the toilet.
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 56 minutes later
Thanks for your query. Pessaries are temporary treatment for prolapse. As you mentioned you probably have CYSTOCOELE i.e. anteriorly the bladder gets prolapsed. After analyzing your present complaint, I feel you are having associated ENTEROCOELE, i.e posteriorly the bowel gets herniated.
Pessaries are helpful if the prolapse is of mild degree. Hence it’s difficult to assess your degree with examining you. Hence, I suggest you to be examined by a OBGY specialist.
I personally feel you should undergo surgery for prolapse repair, preferably vaginal route, after the discretion of your gynecologist. Even if you are not fit for surgery, you can undergo vaginal obliterative i.e Le-forts repair.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answer kindly rate my answer and write a review as well.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile