Using neosporin and scarguard for scars on penis. What treatment is required to get rid of the scar?

Jul 2012

Two weeks ago, I was fooling around with the girl on top. We weren't having sex, but she was rubbing & grinding very hard on my penis through my jeans and her jeans. I didn't realize it at the time, but the roughness from a frayed button actually managed to rip through my underwear and cause a friction abrasion on my penis. It was bad, scraped a whole layer of skin off my penis, about the size of a XXXXXXX Right under the head, on the backside of penis.

I put neosporin on the irritation for about a week, and have been putting Scarguard & Mederma the last two weeks. The problem is that four weeks later, the skin has not grown back in that area. Thus, there is a pinkish/redish area of the skin that totally contrasts with the XXXXXXX skin of my penis.

I definitely cannot have this for the rest of my life, it looks awful and will definitely affect my sex life. This problem really is bothering me and this is a very busy, hectic time in my life.

What do I do to heal the penis and get rid of the scar?

Are there any prescription creams/ointments to help heal faster and get the skin back to it's normal color?
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 33 minutes later
I hear you. This is a sensitive region & an equally sensitive topic for all men alike. If i am to understand you correctly, the skin has healed now but pinkish in hue & you are desirous of getting it back to normal. I would advise you to go slow. These things have a habbit of getting back to normal but slowly. I do understand you are at a busy point in your life & hence not up to go see a doctor presumably in the near future. You may try to use a cream called Cicabio from a company named Bioderma(french in origin) applied twice/daily & this can be liberally applied for a month or so. See how the scar appears in a month's time & then re-evaluate. If the cosmetic effect is not good, or not up to your expectations, then consider a skin graft & a plastic surgeon or cosmetic surgeon will be best suited to opine on that in a month's time. Do hope this answer has given you a time frame to make an informed deciscion & do hope the area is soon scar free & back to normal colour. Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Follow-up: Using neosporin and scarguard for scars on penis. What treatment is required to get rid of the scar? 24 minutes later
Thanks Dr. Rodrigues. I will order the Cicabio cream and start applying it as soon as I get it.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 6 minutes later
You are most welcome Young man. Hope it works well for you.
P.S. If we are done here, please do close the query & send in your feedback/rating to the site, else it keeps popping up as a follow-up query! Cheers & Good luck once again.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD