Using naturolax powder for constipation. Suggest some alternate and effective medicine

I have been using naturolax powder for constipation problem for more than a year, without any side effects. But currently naturolax is not available, can u suggest alternative equally effective?
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 24 minutes later
Naturolax consists of isabgol husk as the main ingredient.Its available under many other different brand names. Fibrelact is one of them. If in case you dont get it, you can take syrup cremaffin 2 tsf at night.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology.
I read your question with diligence.
Constipation is a common problem of our country and to best of my information Naturolax is only temporary not available.
Best alternative is Isabgol husk.
For constipation one to two spoons of Isabgol husk should be consumed with milk this will be helpful in proper bowel movement. Isabgol husk has been recognised by practitioners of allopathic medicine as high fiber diet and it helps in reducing cholesterol, another beneficial effect from cardiologist point.
Cremaffin is another drug, half table spoonful is effective if taken at night. It is available over the counter. No other benefit like high fiber diet or cholesterol reduction.

With Best Wishes.
Dr Anil Grover, Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Using naturolax powder for constipation. Suggest some alternate and effective medicine 8 hours later
Are there any side effects in using naturolax like medicines in the long term (I am using this for more than a year) ? While I always ensure physical activity and take lot of salad n fibre, is there any permanent remedy available for constipation?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Dependance is mainly the only side effect.You feel that you need to take naturolax when if fact you may not.Improving your diet and plenty of water is the best and only acceptable treatment of constipation.Try not to use this on a long term regular basis.