Using loop s control measure. Want to know the ideal age gap between first and second child?

Hi , I want to know the ideal age gap between the first & second child.
I have a daughter (born on XXXXXXX 2009) , I am 30 yrs old (born on Sept 1983) and my husband 35 yrs (Born on Feb 1978) when is the right time for second pregnancy?
We are using loop as control mesaure.
What are the measures I need to take before planning for the second one?
Any special steps to be taken?
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX
Ideal spacing between pregnancy is 18 months. But, it is not mandatory. Anyways as your daughter is already 4 years old now, you can very well plan for a baby now. But make sure you and your partner ready to take care of a newborn again?.
And as you are 30 years now, I suggest you not to postpone pregnancy, because as you delay your chances of becoming pregnant also reduces.
If you mean Loop as IUD(intrauterine devise), it can be removed as early as possible.
Extra measures: eat healthy diet, have sexual intercourse during fertile period (for normal 28-30 days cycle it falls between Day 12 to Day 18). Other than I don't think you need any extra measure.
Try for normal pregnancy for 6 months, if you don't conceive during this period you should consult your OBGY specialist.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile