Using isotroin-20 for pimples. Safe? Side effects?

I'm using isotroin-20 for my pimples.
Id like to know is that good or not?

is there any serious side effect?
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Isotroin(Isotretinoin) is very good for bad acne

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ms XXXXX,

Thank your for posting your query.

From your query I understand that you have been having bad acne and have been prescribed Isotroin-20 for the same.

It is the drug of choice in treating extreme cases of acne (Pimples). So yes it is good for curing pimples, but what you should remember is, initially, that is when you start this medicine, you will have worsening of your pimples for 2 to 3 weeks then the pimples will go away.

The other important issue with this medicine is that, if you go out in sun after taking/applying this medicine you will get sun burns which can lead to skin darkening so do not go out into sun while you are using this medication.

And if you are pregnant or planning to conceive then you should not take this medicine so use any suitable method of birth control so that you don't become pregnant.

Other side effects include, dry skin, dry lips, headaches, body aches.

I sincerely hope I have addressed all your concerns. Please feel free to write back to me if you have any more questions.

Warm regards.
Dr. Yogesh. D
These are the serious side effects this medicine has
Follow-up: Using isotroin-20 for pimples. Safe? Side effects? 5 hours later
thank you for answering my question,

about the lips part, it's becoming too dry it seems I can't even laugh. can you suggest me some thing for my lips please?
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try using a soothing lip balm.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX,

Thank you for writing back.

Please use a soothing lip balm like Nivea lip balm, or vaseline lip balm. This will certainly help. And don't forget to drink plenty of water and fresh fruit juices.

Hope this answers your question. You can close the query if you have no more questions, and please do rate the answer after closing.

Warm regards,
Dr. Yogesh.D