Using hydrocortisone for itching. Having rashes on back. Should I seek medical attention?

I was itching for several weeks, was told to use permethirn once, then again in 10 days. Meanwhile I used a topical hydrocortisone for the itch. My itching has gone down a lot, but my back broke out in a rash and I scratched it and the next morning I had major bruises all over my mid and lower back that was dark black and blue and covered most of my mid to lower back. Should I have this evaluated, or could it be the result of the harsh chemicals used.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 2 hours later
Brief Answer: use of permethrin will cause allergic reactions Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for asking question on health care magic use o f permethrine may cause these allergic reactions use of hydrocortisone ointment relieves most of the allergic reactions as you have experienced You have not mentioned what chemicals you have used and whether you have used permethrine or not and whether the cause of itching is established. The cause of itching should be established before using permethrine or any other drug Until I know all the details it is difficult to answer your question accurately Please provide all details in order to enable me to answer your question Hope this answer will serve your purpose Please feel free to ask any more queries if required Take care Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD;DCH Associate professor of pediatrics