Using gestone and having dizziness, muscle pain. Is it normal?

hi i m using gestone 400 mg tablet for four days and it causes heavy dizziness, confusiond and muscle pain. Are these side effects normal or should i discontinue the medicine. Also please advice that whether gestone 400 mg id similar to gestofit 400 mg.
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 58 minutes later
Thanks for your question.
Yes, these are some of the reported side effects of Gestone. I do not advise you to discontinue the drug on your own but you should report these to your prescribing physician. Your doctor knows the most about you, your problems, medical history & is in a better position to give you alternatives without such side effects.
Gestone & Gestofit are similar drugs & are indicated for use in common conditions.
However, you should consult your doctor before switching over.
Best Regards.
Follow-up: Using gestone and having dizziness, muscle pain. Is it normal? 51 minutes later
Also I wanted to ask that I m 14 weeks pregnant and experienced mild vaginal bleeding during the 10th week so my doctor prescribed me gestone and duphaston out of which she advised me to continue taking gestofit... is it safe to take gestofit during pregnancy and will these symptoms hamper the growth of my baby
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 26 hours later
Thanks for your question.
All these medicines contain progesterone, which is naturally present in females & is very important for hormonal support of pregnancy.
These drugs are very commonly used in early pregnancy in women who are prone to miscarriage. There are many studies that support their use in pregnancy & many that do not prove them to be beneficial. Conclusion is that these are still used very commonly & have no proven ill effect on the growth of the baby.
Hope I have addressed your concerns. Please write back if you need to discuss this further.
Best of luck.