Using finax tablet for premature hair fall. Is there any side effect?

I am using finax tablet for premature hairfall. I want to know what Finax actually does to my body.Sometimes I get wet dreams in night when i take this tablet. Getting wet dreams is because of the drug(finax) being taken or it is because of something else??I have a feeling that it produces some sex hormone due to which i am getting wet dreams.Rite now i am taking this tablet in night..Can I take it in the morning
Posted Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The finax is is 5 Alfa reductse inhibits the conversion of testesterone to dihydrotestesterone at the base of the hair and prevents hair loss.It has nothing to do with wet dreams.
You can continue the finax tablet .If you want to take it in morning you can.With contnous use good effect will be seen after 6 months and maximum effect can be seen at 9 months.
Hope this helps.
If you need any further clarification do let me know.
Follow-up: Using finax tablet for premature hair fall. Is there any side effect? 28 hours later
Thanks doctor for replying.I was masturbating for the last 6 years but stopped it in the last 6 months.I am having hairfall problem from m school days.Can it be one of the reasons for my hairfall.For the last 6 months I am taking treatment for hairfall.There is no big improvement.Almost 20 hairs are falling daily.I am 24 years old now.Rite now using finax,a vitamin tablet,hairgro gel and juene oil.Is it a good combo.Is there any possibility to get the lost hair and stop falling the current ones
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 7 hours later
Hi Again,
The condition you are facing is androgenetic alopecia .It is a hormonal condition.
It has nothing to do with masturbation.
Masterbation is quite common and almost all adults have practiced it some time or other.
The treatment you have received is correct .You can continue using it.
Instead of plain vitamin tablet you can use Saw palmetto with vitamin supplement.
One such combination is magitrich capsules.You can take it once a day.It is natural analogue of finasteride.
20 hair lost per day is considered normal.Our scalp has around 1 lakh hair.Out of which about 100 hair are lost everyday.We cannot find all the hair fallen.Hence if you are able to find appx 50 hair lost per day then you have real problem.

In addition to above treatment if you can go for few treatments like mesotherapy and stem cell therapy it will be of great help.
These are available at dermatology clinics.Atleast 6-12 sittings are required.Sittings can be done at 15days interval.These procedure can allow early regrowth and long time effects.

hope this helps.
Follow-up: Using finax tablet for premature hair fall. Is there any side effect? 9 hours later
Thanks so much doctor,
Doctor sorry if i am wrong I think Saw palmetto is used for enlarged prostrate.So if I take will there be any side effects.Is there any power (like 500mg) for this saw palmetto which i should use.And also what is magitrich capsules.Is this the tablet name.Can I get it here in a local dermatology clinics
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 9 hours later
Hi again,
Saw palmetto is indeed used for prostate enlargement but it is very much effective
for hair loss also.
Magitrich capsule is a brand name itself.It can be obtained from medical shop.
It contains saw palmetto in adequate doses.
It contains all the ingredients needed for stopping hair loss.
It is free of side effects.You can take one capsule per day.
hope this helps.