Using comelite and got good results. What are the side effcets?

Addiction Medicine Specialist
Question
Am using comelite from 2 months and I got a good result. However am hearing many side effects of it, advise me the alternative without side effect and same result
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction

Answered by Dr. Preeti Parakh 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Can you let me know what "comelite" contains and what are you using it for. Also please mention how you are using it and the results you got. Also please describe your medical history in detail and whether you use any drugs or not.

A Google search for the term did not give me any relevant results.

Best wishes.

Dr Preeti Parakh

Follow-up: Using comelite and got good results. What are the side effcets? 3 hours later
It say like - hydroquinone, tretinoi and mometasone cream, I was using it for darkpatches/skin tans on face, using it for twice a day morning and evening, at night I use cetaphil- moisturising cream, no any medical history such also no drugs except smoking and twice bear in six months

Answered by Dr. Preeti Parakh 29 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

A preparation containing mometasone, hydroquinone and tretinoin is used for lightening dark patches on skin. The common side effects are rashes, itching and sunburns. These can be minimized if the cream is used properly. First, apply it only on the dark patches. Please confirm with your doctor if you should apply it twice a day or not. Usually this is not applied in morning as there is a risk of sensitivity to sunlight. It is also to be applied only for a short term.

If you are satisfied with the results, there is no need for a substitute. Please confirm with your doctor before making any changes.

Hope this has been of help. Best wishes.

Follow-up: Using comelite and got good results. What are the side effcets? 49 minutes later
Thanks foe your prompt response!

However, I would like to tell u that this is not exactly dark patches, basically am a sports person so I used to be in sunlight, this way my skin became dark, after using this I got a good fairness but once I stoped it for 15 day my face losing its brightest and become bit darker.

Answered by Dr. Preeti Parakh 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

This cream lightens the skin but cannot prevent the skin from darkening again in response to sun exposure. For this you need to use a good quality sunscreen around half an hour before going out in the sun and should reapply it every two hours. I suggest sunscreen with SPF above 30 for better results. This will prevent the skin from darkening again.

I would like to emphasize again that the comelite cream you are using should not be used for prolonged periods, because of a risk of developing skin cancer. Secondly, please confirm with your doctor again if you should use it in the morning or not. In my opinion, it is applied only once, and that too at night. Sun exposure after applying this cream leads to increased risk of photosensitivity.

Last but not the least, I would like you to know that smoking increases the appearance of fine wrinkles on your skin. Please consider quitting or at least cut down on smoking as much as you can.

Best wishes.

Dr Preeti Parakh