Using ciprodex for ear problem. Why have I lost hearing in my ear after major sinus surgery?

Why have I lost hearing in my right ear after major sinus surgery. Been 3 weeks since my surgery. Tinitus is extreme, constant fatigue, still coughing, why? I was not advised that I would loose my hearing due to surgery. Still getting drainage out of right ear. Instead of clear before taking ear med, now viscous yellow discharge.
Sorry forget to include the ear med: Ciprodex
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 41 minutes later

Based on your history, I suspect you to be having Middle ear infection secondary to sinus problem.

Middle ear infection like Otitis media is one which is managed by insertion of tubes to drain the inflammatory exudate from the middle ear.

Now the discharge becoming viscus is not a good sign and indicates worsening of infection. You may have to be put on stronger and specific antibiotic after a culture sensitivity test of the discharge.

Your hearing loss may be temporary and will recover once the infection and the discharge from the ear is cleared.

Tinnitus and cough could be due to local nerve irritation due to ear infection and will soon subside once the infection is controlled.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.