Using candibiotic drops for ear infection. Having mild hearing loss. What is causing this?

Question
I was suffering from ear infection, outer and my doctor gave candibiotic drops, the infection seems to be gone away but my hearing in affected region has lessened.i am worried why this might be?
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 15 minutes later

With ear infections , there can be fluid collection in middle ear and also sometimes there can be blockage of Eustachian tube, which plays role in pressure balancing in ear.This can cause temporary hearing loss for some days.You can give try to antihistaminics to see if they can help.

Rarely infections might get into chronic stage and also involve mastoid ear cells.

A re-evaluation of ear by ENT doctor would also be recommended step.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.

Follow-up: Using candibiotic drops for ear infection. Having mild hearing loss. What is causing this? 3 minutes later
The medicines I am having are 1) ebasil(ebestine) tables 2) candibiotic ear drops...these medicines are for 5 days and still one day course is left, so it ok if I go and show it after my course is complete?or does it need my urgent attention?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 25 minutes later
I would suggest to complete the course and then consider a visit to doctor.

Regards.

Follow-up: Using candibiotic drops for ear infection. Having mild hearing loss. What is causing this? 3 hours later
Thank you for your help

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later
You are welcome.Best wishes.