Using Viagra. Looking for Erectzan male enhancement supplement. Information on interactions with my HBP and ED meds?

Psychiatrist
Question
I use Viagra as needed (doctor prescribed). Since those ED meds have passed $30 a tab and seem to be increasing exponentially, I am looking at using Erectzan male enhancement supplement. I medicate for HBP (metoprolol + chlorthalidone) and have had no trouble with my ED meds. I've looked at the JNC info on HBP and elsewhere to see if Erectzan interferes with my HBP meds and have found nothing. I do know that the herb Yohimbe, which apparently does affect HBP sufferers, is not in Erectzan. What can you tell me regarding any interactions with my HBP and ED meds?
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 1 hour later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your available history.

Drugs used for hypertension like beta blockers may cause sexual dysfunction.

Sildanefil citrate may cause vasodilation and hence, may reduce blood pressure. So if there may be a chances of hypotension if it has been taken with anti hypertensives.

Natural supplements contains l arginin which is useful in formation of nitrous oxide. This nitrous oxide may cause vasodilatation and hence, may reduce the blood pressure. So if you are taking this, you should regularly check blood pressure to rule out hypotension.

You should also rule out low serum testosterone level and prostatic hypertrophy as a cause of erectile dysfunction.

It is advisable to start any supplement after consultation with your doctor.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Using Viagra. Looking for Erectzan male enhancement supplement. Information on interactions with my HBP and ED meds? 25 hours later
Thank you. A comprehensive answer appreciated.

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 1 hour later
Thanks for reverting to me with words of appreciation. ↲
It is my pleasure to know that my answer might be useful in improving your health.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query. ↲

If you do not have any query, please close the discussion and rate the answer.↲

Thanks.