Using Nuvaring, nausea, dizziness, fever. Worried about toxic shock syndrome

So, my girlfriend started using Nuvaring at about 1am on Saturday morning, Sunday morning she woke up with nausea, dizziness, and wouldn't even try to keep food down. Now, 1am on Monday, she has a fever of 102.1 F, and I'm reading about stuff online
says to call a doctor if: "Sudden fever (usually 102°F or more), vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, or a sunburn-like rash on the face or body (very rarely, toxic shock syndrome)"
Now, she already had a sunburn... so we can't tell there...
She took out the ring, threw it away, drank a little water and went back to bed intending to call her Dr in the morning.
I'm reading about TSS and freaking out. Should I drag her to the ER, or let her sleep and call in the morning?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Nuvaring is rarely associated with symptoms of your girl friend are suggestive of a toxic reaction which needs a medical attention.
You need to take your friend to the ER at the earliest for proper evaluation of her symptoms and an appropriate treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.