Using Minoxidil for male pattern baldness and hair growth. Worried about side effects?

Dear Doctor,

I am 28 years old male and not yet married.

To stop the male pattern baldness and for hair regrowth I started using Minoxidil 5% after consulting a dermatologist from last 3 days.But now I'm worried about the side effects which I'm seeing it online i.e Decrease in sexual ability or desire....I'm unable to notice this issue with me but just wanted to know how the application of solution will effects my erection(in what percentage).I am very much concerned about this please let me know whether I can continue with usage or not.

Another query is.....usage procedure written on solution states that a person should only apply 1ml(twice) daily. I have baldness in front and center areas so should I apply complete 1ml on center area only.Can you please explain me the procedure which applies to my condition.

Thanks in advance.
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
it's safe

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query
monoxidil is very safe.
it is not going to cause you any harm.
finax is the drug which cause sexual impotence and not monoxidel.
yes you can apply it twice a day 1 ml each time.
let me know if you have any other doubt.
thank you