Using E cigarette with low nicotine. BP and heart rate normal. Good Diet with no body fat. Side effect?

I am using an e cig with low nicotine. I am thinking I am probably using around 1 mg a day. My blood pressure and heart rate are excellent. My diet is great and I have excellent body fat. no health issues found. I really enjoy the oral fix. Do you see any long term effects? I am using a organic formula with no propl/glycol? sptc
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 40 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern,

I am happy to know that your health condition is excellent with regards to blood pressure and heart rate.

It is good that you take healthy diet and in good shape.
Your use of E cigarettes with respect to low nicotine it depends on what strength of liquid you use, you have mentioned less than 1 mg/day.

Nicotine is addictive and its use gives pleasure that is reason people use it.
If we consider its long term use best would be to quit the use.

It may lead to high blood pressure, heart problem, Headache.
Hope this helps, I would be glad to answer any follow up queries if any.

Dr. A .Dubey M.D.
Follow-up: Using E cigarette with low nicotine. BP and heart rate normal. Good Diet with no body fat. Side effect? 18 minutes later
If I enjoy and don't see any change in my heart rate do you think it is ok
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 49 minutes later
Thanks for your follow up,
My sincere advice is to quit the use of nicotine, but to do so is your very personal decision.
Its use cannot be justified.
You can take up some yoga and meditation to help quitting nicotine.
Please feel free to discuss further.
Take care and I wish you good luck.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.