Using Chlorsig eye drops for conjunctivitis. Can I use Otocombotic cream? Taking Elivite, pregnant

Jun 2015

I have conjunctivitous, and i am using chlorsig eye drops at the moment. Can i use otocomb*otic cream for my eyes??

I am also 6 weeks pregnant aand taking elivite....
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 2 hours later

Chlorsig eye drop is an antibiotic preparation.

Otocomb otic cream is composed of a corticosteroid, anti bacterial & anti fungal preparation.
It is used in ear infections & contraindicated in Ophthalmic use, i.e. it should not be used in eyes.

So, it will be better to consult an Ophthalmologist & get a proper examination done to find out the cause of Conjunctivitis.
Based on that appropriate management step could be taken.

Kindly avoid self medication as few of them may cause harm to the fetus in his developmental stage.

Wishing you a Good Health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.