Using Blue powered lens. Any problem in future of color blindness?

Excellent

Question
Am Using Blue powered lens(-1.5 both eyes) from past 5 months.
Is there any poblem in future of colour blindness? bcz my few f frnz was telling me that use of lens is not safe
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No problem

Detailed Answer:

You can use blue colored contact lens it would not cause color blindness. That is a myth that it can cause color blindness.

It is safe but be careful about other general precautions while using contact lens like hygiene and do not use longer than 8 hours a day.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Using Blue powered lens. Any problem in future of color blindness? 13 hours later
Thank You for the pl.
but my working hrs is 9 hrs and i will have to leave home 1 hr early and reach 1 hr aftr office. if i count these all i may be using more than 8 hrs.
wats the solution?

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use contact only in the office

Detailed Answer:
Wearing contacts during the journey and traffic is not a good practice. You can wear them in the office after washing hands.

By this you have only 8 hours of use and avoid dust and infections in the traffic.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Using Blue powered lens. Any problem in future of color blindness? 3 minutes later
could u explain me the what are the problms i would face if i use in travlling an in journy?

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Increased chances of infection

Detailed Answer:
The dust, micro and the chemicals in the polluted air would cause further damage to the cornea which is already not getting enough oxygen because of the contacts. So it is better to remove the contacts and let it get enough oxygen from the free air.

The problems could be fungal and bacterial infections, corneal injury.

Follow-up: Using Blue powered lens. Any problem in future of color blindness? 1 hour later
thank you doctor:)

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please close the discussion

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome.