Useful statistics that compare survival rates from early breast cancer after surgery and with/without chemotherapy?

Are there any useful statistics that compare survival rates from early breast cancer after surgery and with or without follow up chemotherapy? It has been described as only a "mopping up" exercise, just in case, for me. I am not convinced that benefits outweigh costs in my case but cannot find any survival/mortality stats that clearly differentiate outcomes and survival rates with and without chemo. Am seeking info to decide whether to continue. I've had one cycle of AC.
Thank you
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 5 hours later

Statics for your question is definitely available. It depends on the stage of the disease, hormonal status, histopathology report, ER, PR, HER status

Stage 1 post menopausal (no lymph node involvement,no skin infiltration, HER negative, Er, PR positive) cure rate is 95 percent without any chemotherapy but hormone therapy is added to prevent the recurrence as the incidental factors in the body persist.

The percentage of survival falls as the stage of the disease increases. Chemotherapy and hormone therapy have a definite role after surgery as they improve the survival and cure between 20 to 40 percent with and without chemotherapy.

Chemotherapy is adjuvant after complete removal of the disease to take care of any cancer cell that may have leaked in the circulatory system system.

I hope I have been able to reply your query.

Dr. J. Ticku