Used vaginal contraceptive. have burning vagina, urine and clitoris. Is this an allergic reaction?

Question
After I used 2 vaginal contraceptive films before sex I became raw outside the vagina and have had burning to urinate and outside the clitoris. Is this an allergic reaction?
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 44 minutes later
The raw feeling that you are having is likely to be due to an allergic reaction to the films that you used or due to a rough intercourse. Any vaginal infection is less likely but cannot be ruled out without an examination.
For the time being, please use ice packs, soothing gels like aloe vera and if itching is a problem, you can use Vagisilanti itch cream
Also avoid abrasion and friction, excessive washing or rubbing of the affected area.
Using a 1% hydrocortisone ointment available over the counter will also help in reducing the burning sensation but do not use it more than twice a day for three days.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Used vaginal contraceptive. have burning vagina, urine and clitoris. Is this an allergic reaction? 1 hour later
Thank you so much for the consult!!! I've already used the ice packs and Vagisil cream. Thanks again for the prompt answer to my question!!

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Hello.
You are welcome.
Please keep me informed regarding the progress.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.

Warm regards