Used trimovate for itching in vagina. Is there any alternate solution?

May 2013
hi i have a embarrassing itch and have in the past used trimovate off my doctor it has now come back but struggling to see my doctor is there anything i could use that is like trimovate
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 10 minutes later

-better to take medicines after getting examined by the doctor and confirming the cause,
and also you once rule out abnormal pap smear and vaginal infections which can sometimes lead to and present as labial itch.

you can follow things like,

-try to avoid chemical irritants like fabric softeners, detergents, sprays, douches, contraceptive foams, perfumed toilet papers etc,
-bath with XXXXXXX warm water, plain unscented soap, try to avoid bubble bath,
-change wet clothing like bathing suits as early as possible, keep genital area clean and dry.
-When washing after urination or bowel movement wash from front to back,
-Check for blood sugar as diabetes can lead to repeated infections, itching etc
-In case of over weight loss of weight will help to some extent in decreasing itching,
-Prefer cotton panties,
-stress may lead to increase vaginal itching try follow stress relieving methods.

With these general measures your problem may decrease possibly,
avoid scratching as that will lead to burning sensation, infection etc which will further lead to itching, try to break this vicious cycle.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.