Used to take yasminelle, created trouble in emotions. What are cyclacur side effects?

What are ciclacur side effects?
Does it adds weight , does it brings depression? I used to take yasminelle, created me a lot of troubles in my emotions.
I would like to avoid again such side effects
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
should not cause mood changes

Detailed Answer:
Cyclacur is a drug consisting of hormones and is used to regulate your period . It may cause a small amount of weight gain, but normally doesn't cause mood changes .

There are several other drugs in this category that can help regulate your period if this doesn't work. Low dose drugs available nowadays also don't cause weight gain.

In addition to taking pills, you should be tested to find out why you have menstrual irregularities . Blood tests and and ultrasound also will help determine that. I would like to review the tests results if you have already been tested.

Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Used to take yasminelle, created trouble in emotions. What are cyclacur side effects? 4 hours later
Thank you very much.

Ok the situation is that I have been through blood tests and all the doctors say that there is nothing wrong. Also the ultrasound do not show any obvious reason.
Having said that an endocrinologist mentioned that we are talking about hypothalamous ammenoroia ( am i saying that correctly).
Here are some recent blood exams i did :

TSH : 1.71 Range : 0.27- 4.7 mIU/ml
PRL : 3.3 Range : 2.8-29.2 ng/ml
F-Testo : 0.06 Range: 0.03-0.98 ng/dl
S-DHEA: 204 Range: 98.3-340 mg/dl
17OH PRG: 0.60 Range 0.2-1.0 ng/ml
D4: 0.84 Range:0.3-3.3 ng/ml
I need to fix it as i want to stay prgnant and i am afraid that i will never stay pregnant
By the way what othr type of pills you suggest apart from cyclacur becasue it really creates me irritation to feel like a ballon when i take all these pills from the water kept in the body

Thanks a lot
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Improve your nourishment

Detailed Answer:
O.k. so your bloods reports are fine. That means we can rule out hormonal imbalance. In that case, yes, hypothalamic amenorrhea is a possibility. There is a problem with the release of hormone from the brain causing amenorrhea. Since you have mentioned low weight and being an athlete that can be a cause of the amenorrhea. You need to put on weight and increase your iron stores in the body. I would suggest using a combined pill like DRONIS 30 or Novelon to be used instead of Cyclacur. It may be available under a different market name in different countries. However, if you wish to get pregnant I would suggest that you plan it soon. You cannot get pregnant while on this pill so once you have regular cycles plan your pregnancy. First, get your weight up and improve your diet. If your body is not nourished then the brain stops producing hormones.

Follow-up: Used to take yasminelle, created trouble in emotions. What are cyclacur side effects? 42 minutes later
Thank you very much

But with irregular periods or the issues i have so far i cant get pregnat is that right?

Ciclacur can help pregnacy then ??? Yes i want a baby but first i cant really easy take on weight seriously I have asked for a diet already but i havent yet in my hands.
It seems that the more i eat the more i burn i dont know.
If i increase iron for example take some tablets can the period come without being necessary to take extra weight. I eat healty meaning a lot of vitamins fruits , vegetables etc ..
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Lifestyle changes and diet

Detailed Answer:
Yes, with irregular periods, you cannot get pregnant.

First course of action, is to regulate your period. Cyclacur will help regulate your cycle but as long as you are taking it you wont get pregnant.Unless you have regular periods, pregnancy wont happen.

You should follow a dietician's advice regarding optimum nutrition. It will take time. You will need to exclude high calorie foods from your diet. High calorie foods include milk products like cheese, butter, ghee, ice-cream, etc. Take 3 meals in a day. Take high fiber diet like digestive biscuits, fruits, vegetables etc.

Iron will increase you hemoglobin. If you have anemia, you wont get your periods. But that alone wont help to get you pregnant. What you need to do first is eat well, and get regular periods. Until you have monthly periods with normal flow, ovulation won't be possible, hence, no pregnancy.

You also need to measure your estrogen and progesterone levels every 2 months. You will eventually need ovulation induction drugs to help with fertility. However, without regular cycles, that is a waste.

I suggest that you see a nutritionist and make some lifestyle changes first. Get your periods and then go from there.