Used to have pain behind chest bone. Recently diagnosed with afib. Cause that be causing pain?

On a few times a year or so ago i experienced pain behind the chest bone, my doctor told me it was acid reflux, recently I learned i have afleb, could that have been the cause of the pain?
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending a question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

Of course there is no way to tell if the chest pain you were experiencing was related to atrial fibrillation. I will say that it is remotely possible that a chauffeur Galation could cause chest pain but not typically.

Common symptoms of atrial fibrillation include fatigue or sensation of passing out or lightheadedness or palpitations. These are more classically associated with atrial fibrillation.

Thank you again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns you would like to discuss.

Dr. Galamaga