Used tiger balm on forehead and burnt my skin. How to get rid of it?

I put tiger balm on my forehead and it burnt my skin now i have a red XXXXXXX where i put the tiger balm, how can i get rid of it?
Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 10 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are suffering from is Irritant contact dermatitis due to the balm.

My advise to you would be to take antihistaminic like Zyrtec orally.
Also you can apply a cool soothing lotion like calamine lotion over the affected area.
Hydrocortisone cream 1% can be applied twice daily over the area to reduce inflammation.You can keep cold water soaks on the area 2-3 times a day to help you with burning sensation if you have any.

Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

MD Dermatology