Used savlon on penis for irritation.Skin dried and turned brown like it got burnt. Underlying cause?

Infertility Specialist
hi doc i used savlon on my penis because i saw a slight irritation without diluting it,it dryed up the skin and turned it brown colour like it got burnt some how
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 26 minutes later
Hi, thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) Penile skin is thin and sensitive. Thats why undiluted savlon might have caused slight burns. 2) It could also be due to allergy to savlon. In either case, dont apply savlon again. Now clean it with cold water and keep it dry . It will slowly heal. I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol