Used same condom for blow-job and penetrative sex. Risk of HIV?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2012
Jul 2012

Dermatologist
Question
I had sex with an excort she gave me a protected blow job and used the same condom for sex but after ejaculation I didn't pull it of her immediately so after I took it off I saw little semen around my base . The condom never broke What is the risk of HIV Here please
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Sun Burn

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 20 hours later
Hi there.
If i understand you correctly, you used the same condom for a 'blow-job' & then the same for 'penetrative sex'. I am assuming that you did not ejaculate during the former (BJ) & subsequently ejaculated with the sexual intercourse act. The condom i note never broke but there was some semen or body fluids noted around the base of your penis. I am assuming you washed well with soap & water immediately therafter. The risk of HIV is minimal during protected sex & in this case i should say less than 0.03% the same as the risk for needle-stick injury. If you have had no breach of any mucosa in the genital region & there was no admixture of blood or blood products, i would say you are in the clear. However, please do use a fresh condom & protection for each sexual act. prevention is better than cure & this adage never held more truth in it than for a HIV infection!
I do hope this answers your question & calms your nerves. Should you still be curious or have any doubts, i recommend a PCR test that will give you a clear standing so early in the day after a sexual act.
Regds & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD

Follow-up: Used same condom for blow-job and penetrative sex. Risk of HIV? 10 hours later
Yes and I did wash after the incident and thanks so much for ya response... God bless u

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 6 hours later
Heya.
Good on you. Its all good. Please do close the query & rate the answer & give us a review if time permits..or cut & paste above comment ; else, it shows up as a follow-up. Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD