Used ocean spray to clear nose of 3 month old baby. Is it safe to use fenistil?

My son is 3 months old and I tried to use ocean spray to clear his nose but with no use, the pharmacist gave me fenistil instead? Shall I use it or consult a doctor? I need something to help relax from the blocked nose and sleep
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
In small children, only sodium chloride spray- ocean spray is used to relieve the blocked noses. If that is not helping you, you can give him a steam inhalation after putting a few drops of eucalyptus oil in the boiling water.
Fenistil is an anti allergic spray and is not likely to relieve the blocked nose immediately.
You should not use it without consulting his pediatrician.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.