Used more miliamperes when doing electrotherapy to kill the herpes virus. Any effect on ovary?

Question
hi am in big trouble, and am so worry
i was doing electrotherapy to kill the herpes virus in my genital area but i used more miliamperes than i was suppost to but I think that i damaged my ovaries because i bleeded today just for once, what do you think

Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The electrotherapy if used with over voltage can burn the skin but it have not effect on the ovaries. the ovaries are located up high with the uterus and Fallopian tubes.
The bleed might be due to damaged skin and not due to ovaries.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Used more miliamperes when doing electrotherapy to kill the herpes virus. Any effect on ovary? 9 minutes later
I did it all over the pubic area I think thats where the ovaries are or close to it, because thats where I felt a lot of discomfort, I dont have pain but am worried, and I read that I should not do it in the ovaries, but I did not know until now.

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 24 minutes later
Thanks for the reply

The ovaries are located so deep and up that they cannot be reached without surgery. so do not worry. you have not damaged you ovaries. its just your pubic area you have involved and no viscera.

Thanks

Follow-up: Used more miliamperes when doing electrotherapy to kill the herpes virus. Any effect on ovary? 7 minutes later
I feel so much better thank you very much!!!

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 3 minutes later
You are always welcome :)