Used monistat. Soreness due to cut in genital area. What can I use?

May 2013
I used monistat 1 and cut myself as I was putting the ovule inside. I noticed I didn't get it inside correctly, and now I am very painfully sore. I took a shower to clean everything off. What can I use next?
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
According to your description I am thinking that you got cut at genital area.
So you can use soothing agents like candid jel or KY jelly etc, to get relief from the pain.
You can take sitz bath which can give some relief.
Continue monistat if you can able to put it inside or you can use candid jel which can also work as anti-fungal agent.
If it is not available you can go for oral anti-fungal drugs with your doctor's advice.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.