Used miconazole for yeast infection. Having white thick vaginal discharge. Further treatment?

I had thick white discharge I assumed was a yeast infection. I used miconazole 1 about 4 days ago and now I'm getting very thick, clumpy, past pink discharge. Is this normal or do I need to go get checked?
Posted Sun, 3 Jun 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 35 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

A thick white discharge could have been a yeast infection for which you have taken miconazole, but I suspect the dosage and the duration of treatment was inadequate to eradicate the fungus completely.

A pinkish, clumpy discharge in no way is normal, it is best if you get yourself checked.

Self medication can be harmful, so please do consult your gynecologist and get yourself examined completely and follow his/her advice.

Hope this answers your query completely. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Best regards.