Used hair remover on vaginal area. Noticed swollen and red vagina. How to treat chemical burn?

May 2013
My daughter used XXXXXXX hair remover on her vaginal area and when wiping it off she got the cream inside her lips. Now they are red and swollen and it really hurts when she urinates. How do you treat a chemical burn there?
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 9 minutes later
These type of removers should be used only to the period they recommended and touching the mucosal area should be avoided.
Now she can use soothening agents like candid jell or xylocaine jelly etc. Which will help in reducing the pain.
Using oral analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs can relieve the pain and inflammatory signs there.
Using ice packs can also help to some extent.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.