Used expired tobradex for eye infection. What are the risks?

hello .. I got hair XXXXXXX in my eye last night and it was so red and sharp pain for 1 hour but i used ice tea and the redness gone but still pain and it secrets white sticky thing from my eye, dont know what does it called. . so before i had almost same symptoms and doctor gave me this eye drop, and i used eye drop called "Tobradex" (tobramcyin and dexamthasone opthalmic suspension )
but today i found out this was expired, would this cause anything? let me know what is best thing to do at this point?
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 5 hours later

Putting expired eye drops in your eye will not cause any problem but it will not have the desired effect.I would advise you to put Vigamox (Moxifloxacin) eye drops four times a day for 3 days.This will cure any eye infection.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available to answer any furthur queries if you have any.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah