Used dip tobacco. Chance of getting cancer?

Oncologist, Surgical
I used dip tobacco 6 or 7 times on the lsst couple weeks. Is it possible I gave myself cancer?
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 26 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Using tobacco in any form is XXXXXXX and can increase you chances of cancer. the incidence of cancer increases with increased duration of exposure. Just two weeks of exposure is usually not enough to induce a malignant change but if you continue this practice, then there is a chance that you might develop cancer and other tobacco related problems in the future.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to clarify any other query.