Used corticosteroid for facial skin disorder. Taking continuous reading for blood pressure. Any advice?

I'm 45, 5ft 10, weigh 93kgs and my blood pressure is 117/74 .Is that considered ok? I bought a little gadget today to take readings. Im monitoring my blood pressure and blood sugar cause my parents suffered from both and because I have used Corticosteroid products on recurring facial skin disorder for about 10years now. Sometimes 3month breaks but sometimes only weekly breaks. Usually for 2 or 3 days when treating. I need to know if my blood pressure is too high or low. Plan on doing readings continually.
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in,
I am qualified and certified cardiologist and I read your question with diligence.
Though corticosteroids can increase your heart rate and blood pressure, if absorbed. Your both readings are normal.
Human Heart beats for about 96,000 a day (72 x 60 x24 ), its rate varies as per circadian rhythm and body's activity. Heart rate stays between 60 to 90 beats per minute. Blood pressure stays close to 120/80 never above 140 mm Hg Systolic and 90 mm Hg of Diastolic. If there is any further query I shall be happy to answer.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW