Used common toilet. Chances of getting HIV infection?

Question
before 2 days when I was using the toilet of a hotel room , when my feces fell on the toilet water some drops of the water fell on the head of my penis. Then I washed the penis by water. Is there any chance of HIV infection ? sometime my semen comes out when I strain much in toilet (I cant remember on that day it came out or not). I am much worried by thinking that that toilet water my contain HIV virus from others and that may touch my semen. Please help me I am much worried.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 34 minutes later

CDC (centre for disease control and prevention) has clearly stated that specific fluids (blood, semen, vaginal secretions, and breast milk) from an HIV-infected person can transmit HIV. These specific fluids must come in contact with a mucous membrane or damaged tissue or be directly injected into the blood-stream (from a needle or syringe) for transmission to possibly occur.

HIV is most commonly transmitted through anal or vaginal sex or sharing needles with an infected person. It is less common for HIV to be transmitted through oral sex or for an HIV-infected woman to pass the virus to her baby. HIV does not survive well outside the body, making the possibility of environmental transmission remote.

So you cannot become infected from HIV from a toilet seat, from toilet seat to semen, a drinking fountain, a door knob, dishes, drinking glasses, food, or pets.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Used common toilet. Chances of getting HIV infection? 4 minutes later
Thank U sir. sir , I afraid if the water in toilet is infected by HIV by someone who used the toilet just before me and that infected water may touch my semen. Is there still any chance ? and another thing that after washing my penis by water and after taking my meal I masturbated. So I am really afraid sir. Please help me. I will be obliged. Thanks in advance.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 22 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

Chances of transmission of HIV through toilet seats and water touching the penis are very less. Even an act of masturbation in the toilet will not cause HIV transmission. You should relax and rest assured.