Used baby oil to lubricate penis. Had sex. Partner got yeast infection. What have caused yeast infection?

Question
Earlier in the day I was using baby oil to lubricate my penis for masturbation. Afterwards I showered twice since then and about 4 hours later my girlfriend and I had sex. We did not use any lubrication. But now it appears my girlfriend has developed a yeast infection. Is it possible that I did not thoroughly wash off all the baby oil and this may have caused her to have a yeast infection?
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 15 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
It is  rare to get a yeast infection from sex. Most often, women don’t get yeast infections from sex. The most common cause is a weak immune system.
A vaginal yeast infection is irritation of the vagina and the area around it called the vulva.

Yeast is a type of fungus. Yeast infections are caused by overgrowth of the fungus Candida albicans. Small amounts of yeast are always in the vagina. But when too much yeast grows, you can get an infection.
The use of baby oil has no relation with development of yeast infection in your girl friend.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck.
Thanks