Used anti-bacterial cream on a cut. Reason for nausea, tiredness and low appetite?

Jan 2013

Wednesday i was nauseous, Friday i didn't want to eat anything (food sounded good but would make me queasy); Saturday and Sunday i was tired all day. Today I feel like I was hit by a truck.
Bought day quill and anti-diarreal (it usual makes me sick). I have to work until 7pm tonight (I run a small retail shop)

I did cut myself Wednesday on a box, washed it with soap and water. Used anti-bacterial cream but it doesn't hurt.

That's all
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have fever/ spasmodic abdominal pain/ vomiting/ acidic belching?
Is the cut area is inflamed with surrounding erythema and swelling?

With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of acute viral gastroenteritis.
Myalgia is an integral prodromal symptom of viral infection.
Viral infection has also some effect on liver and that's why loss of appetite and fatigue is very common with viral infections.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and general surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, ultrasound imaging, and serum electrolytes.
Immodium contains Loperamide and its at time XXXXXXX to take it.
Infection may gets impacted in gut due to decreased secretion.

You should take complete antibiotic therapy, antispasmodics, probiotics, antipyretics along with muscle relaxants.
You should maintain your hydration by taking potassium XXXXXXX liquids.
Avoid milk and all milk related products.
Take soft diet along with curd and plenty of juice.

Apply antibacterial ointment on cut till full recovery.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava